Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Franco Cerri & Enrico Intra - Double Trio

"I’ve always had a great curiosity. For me everything could be music, even if I had not studied it. I had a great desire to write. I did not even know the notes. One night I awoke with a jump and I found the solution : I have to get the scores of songs that I already knew and that I have already played. I watched as they were written, and I learned that there were a quadruplet and then a quaver. Slowly, with great patience, I began to write. At the beginning I did look at Kramer what I had written and he said: “I do not believe even if you get on your knees.” He told the others : ”This one has the ear, but he goes too far.” I had a great desire, the need to do something of my own and so I went ahead. I stole shades, I observed attitudes, sounds, emotions, until the beauty of music, hugged and possessed me. I have learn many things from many people, but what I have formed my musical disposition, was Django Reinhardt with whom I played for two weeks at night club Astoria in Milan, in a trio group, together with the violinist Stephane Grappelli. Since that moment I realized the power of interpretation in the jazz performance."
Franco Cerri (About his Model)

Source : http://www.giornalando.net/franco-cerri-the-self-taught-man-theaches-nohellip-tells.html

Franco Cerri
Enrico Intra
Double Trio

Tracks

1 Per Enrico (Cerri)  4:33
2 Rondo' (Intra)  4:56
3 Copacabana (De Barro, Ribeiro)  5:48
4 Intramood (Intra)  3:43
5 My Funny Valentine (Rodgers, Hart)  7:17
6 One More Twelve Bars (Cerri)  5:46
7 Take the "A" Train (Strayhorn)  4:51
8 Affinché (Cerri)  7:25
9 Per una Serenata (Intra)  6:18
10 Autumn Leaves (Cosma, Prévert) 5:15
11 Nuages (Reinhardt)  3:08

*

Personnel
Franco Cerri - g
Enrico Intra - p
Marco Vaggi - b
Tony Arco - dr

Recorded at Casa del Jazz, Roma ; March 15, 2007

9 comments:

deGallo said...

Thank you. I always like the guitar/piano setting.

Melanchthon said...

http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/BXskl98X/file.html
http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/rMph6zsX/file.html

Historicus said...

Great .... many thanks!

Pedro del Castillo Alonso said...

Thank you very much!
Pedro

francisco santos said...

BIG THX!...

Fred Archtop said...

Franco Cerri, one of the best European guitar boppers. Thanks Mel.

Gaetano Bevilacqua said...

Grazie

AmyBRAINS said...

Thanks a lot, Melanchthon.
I love Franco Cerri.

musician3 said...

AMAZING........................THANK YOU FOR ALL