Saturday, April 8, 2017

André Previn Quartet - My Fair Lady

Before he became a prominent orchestra conductor, André Previn was a talented jazz pianist based in Los Angeles. His firm touch, virtuosity and driving sense of swing were celebrated on jazz records he recorded for Contemporary and other labels. My Fair Lady represents Previn's second attempt to perform the music from the musical in a jazz setting. He had recorded a hit album for Contemporary as a member of drummer Shelly Manne's trio in 1956. After arranging for the film version of the musical in 1963 (for which he would receive the Academy Award), he went into the studio with a wonderful cast of musicians... The result is a swinging, sophisticated and eminently enjoyable jazz album.

Source : http://eastwindimport.com/product-info.asp?CategoryName=Rare+Reissues&PG=10&ProductID=1275

André Previn
Quartet
My Fair Lady

Tracks

1 You Dit it  3:13
2 The Rain in Spain  3:11
3 Without You  4:37
4 I Could Have Danced all Night  3:30
5 On the Street where You Live  3:55
6 With a Little Bit of Luck  3:08
7 I've Grown Accustomed to her Face  3:05
8 I'm an Ordinary Man  3:17
0 Wouldn't it Be Lovely ?  4:08
10 Get Me to the Church on Time  6:09

All Compositions by Lerner and Loewe

*


Personnel
André Previn - p
Herb Ellis - g
Red Mitchell - b
Frank Capp - dr

Recorded in Hollywood ; April 14 [# 4, 5, 9 10], 15 [# 3, 6 & 8] & 21 [# 1, 2 & 7], 1964

25 comments:

cvllos said...

Hi, Mel! It's hard to catch your post with all those tricks of anouncers. They try to install inapropriate thgings on our computers, on any download areas. Sorry for revealing that.

Melanchthon said...

Do you mean with multiup.org ?

deGallo said...

I don't find that there is any inappropriate things with multiup.org Seems to work just fine' I use jDownloader and just select "copy" and it loads the download link into jDownloader.

Thank you for this post and all the other wonderful music.

Blue Eyes said...

No problem with multiup.org, it works fine for me, et merci pour cet album!

John Pickworth said...

Many thanks !

Kneigh said...

Many thanx for this fine Andre post Melanchthon!! As always, his renditions are top notch. No problems at all with downloading, etc.

cvllos said...

After some trials, I got rid of propagandas. Thanks too much for this one Previn, for so long time remembered & desired.

Rodney said...

Thank you

fcapeau said...

Many thanks, Mel, for this welcome opus.

AmyBRAINS said...

I have no problems to use 'multiup.org'.
Many, many thanks, Melanchthon.

Philo said...

I have the 1956 trio recording of My Fair Lady & I'm delighted to get this fine 1964 quartet version. I'm enjoying the music. Thanks Mel.

Luis said...

No problem with multiup. Of course, as free users some links offers advertisements, software and other things.

musician3 said...

Superb..............Thank You

Frasco said...

Melanchthon.... another fantastic post! Thanks!

neil said...

Many thanks for the upgrade, mel...

Jazzsoulman said...

Thank You

kristophermc28 said...

Thanks again Mel!

Melanchthon said...

http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/hMr8FGx6/file.html
http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/3Dkdi7qO/file.html

Jazz Padd said...

With Herb Ellis on guitar, many thanks!

Tom Billisson said...

Many thanks Mel.

alfred venison said...

thank you. a-.v.

Kovina Kris said...

I really like other Previn stuff I have so I'm looking forward to this one for sure. Thank you!

Scoredaddy said...

thanks for reup!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mel!

Any chance of a re-up of the Oscar Peterson take on My Fair Lady?



-kristophermc28-

Fernando said...

Many thanks for Herb Ellis on this one!