Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Dave Pell Octet - Love Story

Dave Pell
Octet
Love Story

Tracks

1 Can't We Be Friends ? (James, Swift)  3:28
2 I've Got a Crush on You (Gershwin, Gershwin)  2:13
3 I've Got A Geeling I'm Falling (Link, Waller, Rose)  3:33
4 Love Is the Sweetest Thing (Noble)  3:30
5 If I Could Be With You* (One Hour Tonight) (Creamer, Johnson)  3:30
6 Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love)* (Porter)  3:04
7 You Can't Pull The Wool Over My Eyes (Ager, Newman, Mencher)  3:08
8 Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered (Hart, Rodgers)  4:54
9 Just One More Chance* (Coslow, Johnston)  3:04
10 Who Walks in When I Walk Out ?* (Goodhart, Hoffman, Freed)  4:17
11 Solitude (DeLange, Ellington, Mills (Ellington, Mills, DeLange)  4:31
12 I've Found a New Baby (Palmer, Williams)  3:18

Personnel
Don Fagerquist - tp
Ray Sims - tb
Dave Pell or Claude Williamson* - ts, b clt & Engl hrn
Marty Berman - bs
André Previn - p
Tony Rizzi - g
Mel Pollan - b
Irv Kluger - dr

Recorded in Los Angeles, California ; February 13 [# 1-4] ; February 20 [# 5, 6, 9 & 10] ; & February 21, 1956 [# 7, 8, 11 & 12]

See also
http://www.jazzdisco.org/atlantic-records/discography-1956/

8 comments:

Melanchthon said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=5BG5IHOWCQ

neil said...

Never knew of this one, mel; but I'll give it a try. Many thanks...

headman said...

Wow, a Dave Pell I've never seen before. Great share, Mel...thank you.

FrankDell said...

Monsieur Mel, I'll echo the comments above. Did not know about this particular Dave Pell recording. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Sic Vos Non Vobis is the crème de la crème.

Bhowani said...

What's that ??!!??? Fantastic discover ! Thanks a thousand, Melanch "The Man" Thon !

Blue Eyes said...

Woow! many thanks Melanchthon for this one!

jose said...

Please re up

FootballRugby said...

The link is no good please send another link