Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Impeccable Mr. Wilson

Teddy Wilson
The Impeccable Mr. Wilson

Tracks

1 I Wanna Be Happy (Chuck Deal) 3:47
2 Ain't Misbehavin' (Fats Waller) 3:33
3 Honeysuckle Rose (Andy Razaf) 4:02
4 Fine and Dandy (Paul James) 3:34
5 Sweet Lorraine (Clifford Burwell) 3:21
6 I've Found a New Baby (Jack Palmer) 3:37
7 It's the Talk of the Town (Jerry Livingston) 3:28
8 Laura (Mercer) 3:33
9 Undecided (Sid Robin) 4:12
10 Time on My Hands (Mack Gordon) 3:52
11 Who Cares (Ira Gershwin) 3:29
12 Love Is Here to Stay (Ira Gershwin) 3:35

Personnel
Teddy Wilson - p
Al Lucas - b
Jo Jones - dr

Recorded at Fine Sound Studios, New York City ; September 13, 1956.

See also

http://www.jazzdisco.org/verve-records/discography-1956/
&
http://livingwithmusic.com/linkto/0173.pdf

15 comments:

johnp said...

Many thanks for the Teddy Wilson,

Pippo said...

Honeysuckle Rose played by Mr. Wilson is a monument of elegance, I wish I could play a tenth as good.
Thank you Melanchthon.

censusloss said...

Just lucked in to your wonderful blog -love it but love teddy wilson more!!

Thanks so much

neil said...

Missed you madly, Mel.
Thanks for the Teddy...

Luis said...

The link is for Teddy's I Got Rhythm not The Impeccable Mr. Wilson.

deGallo said...

Aaaah! The great Teddy Wilson. Thank you.

Melanchthon said...

Right !

Melanchthon said...

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=2ISAVTCTDY

dS said...

Mel
You are on FIRE. So glad you're back! and thanks for Mr Wilson...

CrunchyFrog said...

Yes, Mel, you ARE on fire... I haven't listened to this much great jazz I haven't heard in quite a while... and I DO buy quite a bit. So I really appreciate all the great music to sample... many of these are so good I go out and buy them on Amazon shortly after hearing them... and this Teddy Wilson will join the ranks.

deGallo said...

Thanks for this one also

greenishthing said...

I can't resist!

Albertito Jazz said...

Thanks Melanchthon!

Frasco said...

Merci beaucoup Melanchthon, une fois plus!

FrankDell said...

Great stuff, as always.