Friday, October 22, 2010

Oscar Peterson Trio '73

Guitarist Joe Pass and bassist Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen both play well on these live performances, but the reason to acquire this set is for the remarkable Oscar Peterson. The pianist brilliantly investigates several jazz styles on "Blues Etude" (including stride and boogie-woogie), plays exciting versions of his "Chicago Blues" and "Easy Listening Blues," tears into "Secret Love," and shows honest emotion on "Come Sunday." Peterson really flourished during his years with Norman Granz's Pablo label, and this was one of his finest recordings of the period.
Scott Yanow
Source : http://www.allmusic.com/album/the-trio-1973-r145556

Oscar Peterson
The Trio
[1973]

Tracks

1 Blues Etude (Peterson) 5:31
2 Chicago Blues (Peterson) 13:45
3 Easy Listening Blues (Robinson) 7:48
4 Come Sunday (Ellington) 3:46
5 Secret Love(Fain, Webster) 7:14

Personnel
Oscar Peterson - p
Joe Pass - g
Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen - b

Recorded at the London House, Chicago ; 1973

13 comments:

Baruch said...

http://lix.in/-926928

Collectionist said...

Hello - This one looks very promising. Would you please send me the password?
Thanks!

OldHippieRick said...

Thanks what a swell post ~ rick

deGallo said...

I've D/L'd this twice and both times corrupt. I believe I have the correct password. Any suggestions? Thanks

deGallo said...

Sorry, forgot to say which post. The Oscar Peterson Joe Pass, NHOP album. Downloaded it twice and both times it says corrupt. I believe I have the correct password that also goes with your other blog.

Blue Eyes said...

@deGallo: works fine with WinZip,...merci Mel for this album !

deGallo said...

Well, I've tried several zip programs and nothing seems to work. It now says wrong password. I have used the password for Mel's other blog in the past and it worked. Can anyone e-mail the PW to me at 1960dgg@gmail.com or post it in the comments at jazzy's place? Thanks

deGallo said...

Thank you for the PW Mel. What a great album this is and a wonderful blog!

Elena said...

Could you please send me the PW too?? I'd much appreciate it. That's my email: elen_giulietta222@hotmail.com

Collectionist said...

Yes, I tried the "other" Mel pw and it did not work. Anyone?

Baruch said...

Use "Baruch" for PW

jazzjose said...

Hello, Mel, possible to take part in Sic Vos Non Vobis?

Thank you very much, My e-mail: jj.jazzjose@gmail.com

karelio said...

Just noticed that Sic Vos Non Vobis gone private. As a long-time-follower I would be happy to take part there, too!
Please tell me at "karelio@freenet.de"
Not to forget...thanks for the excellent Peterson post!